SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER: LOCATION-BASED CONSUMER MOBILE
at Verticalmove, Inc. in California-San Francisco
This is a full-time role. Please only candidates with valid US work authorization.
I can relocate those in the United States, I can transfer visas.
Contact me for any questions: panderson (@) verticalmove (dot) com
Learn about me here:
Mobile innovation is changing the way people live and we are at the forefront of the paradigm shift that is bridging the gap between the real-world and online social networking. We are a fast-growing startup combining location-based technology with realtime social discovery to create a contemporary mobile platform that is gaining 5,000 new users per day. As seen on NBC, CNN, and 'Good Morning America', our product already has a fanatical following in New York and Los Angeles and it is spreading quickly through cities across the globe.
This is a critical role that will focus on creating, deploying, and maintaining systems that connect terabytes of rapidly changing social data with millions of customers world-wide. As a part of a small team, you will be the key contributor in charge of the scalability and stability of our infrastructure. You will combine the skills of system administration and software architecture to design increasingly large-scale systems, while managing complexity.
- Design, implement and perform scalability, stability, and stress tests
- Be responsible for scaling, tuning, & troubleshooting infrastructure
- Participate in design discussions and planning with Development
- Act as a technical resource to the rest of the team
- Maintain filesystem and database backups, ensure DR consistency.
- Maintain and improve monitoring and trending for physical and virtual machines.
- Write tools to support on-call operations.
- Troubleshoot operational and deployment issues
- Actively lead complex technical projects from design through deployment
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Strong experience with large MySQL installations including replication and sharding
- Experience with automated bare metal provisioning and configuration management.
- Strong knowledge of networking, databases, storage, security, and web applications.
- Experience with virtualization technologies and cloud services
- Expert knowledge of major Linux distributions.
- Experience with Linux/OSS stack tools,
- Expertise with at least one major scripting language.
- Experience with package management and program compilation.
- Ability to write scripts for file system and database backups
- Experience working with clustered / load-balanced servers
- Expert with web/application configurations and admin tasks
- Knowledge with OS and network security (firewalls and system hardening).
- Knowledge of source code repository administration
- BS/MS in a computer related field