Software Engineer - Operations @ Amazing Startup!
at imo in California-Silicon Valley/Peninsula
We are looking for an exceptional Jack or Jill of all trades—software engineer, network engineer, and systems/database administrator—to help us build, run, and maintain the systems that power imo.im. You must be extremely comfortable writing code for our systems, troubleshooting network and hardware issues, and helping us scale our systems to support our growing user base.
- Ensuring imo’s servers are up and running at all times
- Programming complex distributed systems for data processing tasks
- Designing and deploying efficient and cost-effective load balancing systems
- Predicting data center growth
- Monitoring service availability and analysis of performance metrics
- Automating, streamlining, and documenting data center processes
- Writing and maintaining installation and packaging scripts
- Debugging hardware, network, and Linux-related issues
- Installing and troubleshooting machines, switches, routers, etc.
- BS/MS/PhD in computer science, or equivalent
- Strong background writing code for large projects
- Extensive experience in data center hardware deployment and building scalable infrastructure
- Solid understanding of Linux system architecture
- Understanding of Linux networking stack in complex configurations
- Scripting knowledge with shell scripts (bash, zsh, etc.) and Python
- Ability to design and implement systems in Python
- Past work experience in a large Internet-serving environment
- Experience building and designing scalable distributed systems
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP and network programming.
- Adept at hacking open source software
- Familiarity with low-level networking code
- Competitive salary plus $30k starting bonus and stock options
- $500/month housing stipend for living within a five-mile radius of the office
- 401(k) and health, dental and vision benefits
- Snacks and weekly lunches/dinners
- Gym membership
- Conference stipend
- imo-sponsored team events and outings
If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter.