Senior Support Systems Engineer
at NewsGator Technologies, Inc. in Colorado-Denver
Headquartered in Denver, NewsGator Technologies helps enterprises and media companies leverage social computing solutions to deliver real business value. The company’s enterprise social networking and widget services are in use by hundreds of the world’s most recognized brands, including Biogen Idec, CBS, CNN, Discovery, National Geographic, Procter & Gamble, and USA TODAY.
NewsGator Social Sites and Enterprise Server give enterprises better ways to collaborate, share content, expand employee knowledge, and improve productivity. NewsGator Widget Services enable media and brand companies to better engage their audiences and extend the value of their brands through viral syndication of content. NewsGator also offers free, award-winning RSS aggregators for the Web, desktop, mobile devices, and e-mail clients.
NewsGator Technologies, Inc. was founded in 2003 and accepted its first round of funding in June 2004. The company's investors include Mobius Ventures, Masthead Venture Partners, and Vista Ventures.
As a company, we believe in creating an environment in which employees can succeed and are treated with dignity and respect. As our greatest asset and the key to our success, NewsGator employees receive competitive compensation, benefit plans, and a progressive work environment. We are located in downtown Denver, boasting a stunning view of the Rocky Mountains. Denver and the Colorado Front Range offer the unique combination of vibrant city life and some of the best outdoor recreation in the world.
NewsGator Professional Services
Senior / Systems Engineer
Provide technical implementation and configuration support for NewsGator product lines, including desktop products, Enterprise products, SharePoint solutions, web-based products, and NewsGator web services. This position is customer facing and requires frequent travel to contact with NewsGator enterprise customers typically System Administrators, SharePoint Administrators, and IT function level management. Candidate must have strong technical background and deep consulting experience.
- Provide primary installation and configuration support for NewsGator Enterprise Products to new and existing NewsGator customers.
- Provide detailed configuration assistance of NewsGator products in SharePoint environments and troubleshooting of system overlap / integration between NewsGator products and SharePoint.
- Troubleshoot Windows Server environments and application issues as it relates to product implementation and operation.
- Diagnose and resolve all problems related to NewsGator product(s) and system operation, availability, security, performance, connectivity, and overall function during an implementation.
- Build internal system environments mirroring customer development, test and production environments to include MS IIS, database, SharePoint, AD, and NewsGator components.
- Provide in-depth investigation, analysis, and timely resolution of customer issues and problems.
- Report and escalate customer problems and enhancements to development and product management as appropriate, including detailed explanation of issue and recommended resolution.
- Provide clear, well documented description of problems that require technical fix or resolution by Software Engineers.
- Create, maintain, and enhance product(s) knowledge base, including technical articles, FAQ’s, sample applications, and/or demonstrations.
- Assist with Pre-Sales activities and events as appropriate.
- BS in Business Information System, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 8 years of consulting or software professional service experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience supporting Microsoft server technologies.
- Expertise with Microsoft SharePoint 2003/2007 and MOSS technologies including web part deployment, site definitions, and features.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server implementation and ongoing system administration, including related server applications: IIS, Active Directory, Exchange, DNS, DHCP, and networking protocols.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server 2005 implementation and ongoing system administration.
- Working knowledge of HTML, HTTP(s), and XML.
- Knowledge of and exposure to RSS.
- Proven ability to manage and solve complex customer support issues in a dynamic environment.
- Proven ability to effectively interact and manage customer issues either onsite or remotely, including difficult and potentially hostile customer interactions.
- 10 years of consulting or software professional service experience.
- Expertise with Microsoft SharePoint 2003/2007 and MOSS technologies in a consulting capacity.
- Deep technical knowledge of the technologies listed above.
- Microsoft System Certified Engineer.
For proper consideration, the following is to be included with your submission:
- Cover Letter, addressing each of the aforementioned qualifications and noting where you saw our posting
- As well, you must include the position title in the subject line of the email when responding to the position.
- Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Absolutely no phone calls.
Absolutely no third-party agencies.