4GL and Informix Developer
at Seattle Municipal Court in Washington-Seattle
CITY OF SEATTLE
4GL & Informix Developer
SALARY: $34.36 - $48.00 Hourly LOCATION: Seattle Justice Center, 600 5th Ave., Seattle, Washington JOB TYPE: Classified Civil Service, Regular, Full-Time DEPARTMENT: Municipal Court of Seattle BARGAINING UNIT: IFPTE, Local 17 - Info Tech Professional CLOSING DATE 03/20/12 04:00 PM Pacific Time
Join the Municipal Court of Seattle to support and remodel an Informix-based, custom case management system called 'MCIS.' This database stores the large volume of information required for the Court to adjudicate misdemeanor and gross misdemeanor crimes, infractions, and civil violations. This position reports to the Court Technology Director.
· Develop/modify existing 4GL modules, database schemas, and Informix database procedures.
· Assist in the daily database administration activities such as troubleshooting performance issues, database changes and user management, and in the ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting of other production applications.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or related field, or additional qualifying experience.
· Minimum of three years experience using 4GL in a UNIX environment.
· Minimum of one year experience using Informix database tools, utilities and UNIX korn shell scripting.
· Familiarity with UNIX (AIX 5.3) system administration.
· Strong oral and written communication skills in order to convey technical information to non-technical staff.