Product Manager for Consumer Internet Startup (Bay area, US)
at speedeals in California-Silicon Valley/San Jose
Speedeals has an opening for a highly organized and efficient Product Manager who can dedicate 20-25 hrs to the ongoing development of our ecommerce business. As Product Manager, you will guide the efforts of our product team, including graphic designers, web designers, and software engineers as we as we add new functionality, improve user experience, and optimize the performance of our online services. The product manager will be responsible for managing schedules, communications, and general coordination of team members in the US and Asia. Speedeals is a pre-funded startup, therefore this is an equity-only position until we receive Series A financing.
· Identify changes, enhancements, and new functionality to deliver an outstanding customer experience
· Facilitate meetings with remote participants to organize work and define priorities
· Manage workflow and communications between designers and engineers
· Review and monitor progress on projects, tasks, bug fixes, and issues
· Create and facilitate process for review and approval of work products (eg, designs, web pages,
· functionality improvements/changes)
· Utilize regular communications vehicles to provide updates on status and progress of work
· Minimum 3-5 years product management experience, preferable SaaS, ecommerce, or software
· At least 1-2 years experience managing cross-functional project teams with engineers, designers, and marketing staff
We prefer the Bay Area but you could be anywhere in the US.
To apply for this job, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
PLEASE INDICATE ON YOUR COVERLETTER/EMAIL THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS AN EQUITY ONLY POSITION UNTIL WE RECEIVE SERIES A FUNDING.
Speedeals provides online and mobile access to discounted consumer
services and products, and customer acquisition tools for local
businesses. Speedeals offers a unique and broad selection of
discounted services, and provides a fun and simple solution for
finding, purchasing, and using discounted services. We are the only
“real-time” deals service which allows the immediate purchase and use
of services, and supports local businesses by bringing new customers
right to their door. Visit us at www.speedeals.com or email us at