Web Engineer for Funded Luxury Fashion E-Commerce Startup
at Edition 01 in New York-New York City
Want to work for a hot, new start-up in the luxury e-commerce space that’s already funded by very prominent angel and vc investors? Our business will transform the luxury online shopping experience (think Net-A-Porter, but better curated with collaborations with TOP luxury designers exclusive to the site). Seeking a brilliant web engineer with start-up experience to create Edition01’s engineering team and build and maintain the online platform.
We are in New York City. We have already closed our first round of financing with commitments already lined up for our next round. Our financiers are prominent angel investors and leading NY venture capital firms. We also have collaboration commitments from over 50 renowned luxury designers. Our team is young, fun and broadly experienced in fashion and design, and has the support of a strong advisory team with legal and finance expertise. We are missing one piece of the puzzle – you!
Our ideal Chief Hacker has…
· Previous start-up and/or e-commerce experience – we would love it if you have experience at a fashion / retail / or eCommerce start-up, although this is not a deal breaker. We're looking for someone with real world site development experience, regardless of whether it was for a large company or a small business. You should be able to and excited about building and leading a small, highly innovative engineering team and doing a significant amount of coding yourself.
· A Bachelors or graduate degree in Computer Science/Engineering
· Experience developing and using open sourced web application frameworks The site is not built yet – you will be responsible for all basic decisions on how to build… e.g. Ruby on Rails, PHP, Node.js.
· Experience working with third-party APIs including the Facebook platform, scaling an application, maintaining code base
· Ability to plan and manage a cloud infrastructure that can scale
· Solid design sense.
Most importantly, we need someone who believes in our core product, has a strong work ethic, and loves the upside of the start-up world.Most importantly, we need someone who believes in our core product, has a strong work ethic, and loves the upside of the start-up world.
Note: We’re in NYC. For our lead developer, we need someone who is local. However, we are open to supporting relocation for very strong candidates.
Salary, Equity, Benefits
Competitive with other funded start-ups. Salary and equity are inversely proportional. To be discussed.