Senior Search Marketing Manager
at ClassifiedAds in Washington-Bellevue/Redmond
Are you looking for an opportunity to direct search marketing campaigns at massive scale? Are you both analytical and a creative marketer, someone with experience scaling SEM campaigns in a cost-effective way that drives ROI? Do you want to utilize your exceptional management skills to lead a SEM team?
Who Are We?
ClassifiedAds.com is one of the largest classified ads websites, with over 3 million monthly unique visitors. Based in downtown Bellevue, we're fast growing and we're continually profitable. We're a small startup but we’re a major player in the online classifieds space. Our size enables us to be nimble and to do very exciting things when we smell opportunity. Our core company philosophy is to hire the best people possible, give them clear objectives, and let them flex their creative muscles without being micromanaged.
Don’t just take our word for it, check out these stats:
- Top 5 startup in Seattle on the Seattle 2.0 Startup Index.
- Inc. 5000 list of Fastest Growing Companies nationwide.
- 555th largest website in the U.S. according to Compete.com.
- 160x traffic growth and 116x revenue growth since inception.
- Over 500,000 new listings posted per month.
- Profitable in each of the past four years.
What’s the Job?
Reporting directly to the Director of Marketing, you will lead the day-to-day activities of our search marketing efforts. We do our marketing at scale, managing hundreds of thousands of keywords across thousands of campaigns with a virtually unlimited marketing budget for effective ad spend. Our marketing directly impacts the financial performance of the business so this is a highly visible and high impact role.
In this role you are a Player/Manager – equally comfortable managing team members as you are diving directly into spreadsheets and Adwords reports. You will define the tactical execution of our SEM strategy, and what that means for team members day-to-day; create, manage and grow campaigns; define & document SEM build & optimization processes; recruit, hire and manage SEM specialists; analyze website performance; monitor market trends and identify potential growth opportunities. Mentoring, teaching, and growing other SEM managers and specialists is critical in this role. You will be also expected to provide feedback on overall campaign strategy. You should be an absolute stickler when it comes to attention to detail, and you will constantly be striving to improve the overall efficiency of the team (i.e. you recognize things that are broken and proactively fix them!).
Who are we looking for?
If you’re web savvy, self-motivated, comfortable in a fast-paced environment, have an analytical mind-set, and are willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done, this is the ideal role for you. Specific required qualifications include:
- Proven leadership skills, you want to translate that into a true manager role.
- Minimum of 3 years of search marketing experience.
- Proven expert in the Adwords platform, you are currently Adwords Certified. Essentially, you live and breathe Adwords.
- Proven ability to analyze large amounts of data, identify trends/opportunities/issues and take appropriate action.
- Demonstrate experience successfully managing long tail search campaigns at scale is highly desirable.
- Self-directed and able to work independently with minimal direct supervision, but recognize the value of contributing in a team environment.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Previous startup experience a plus.
- Passion for search marketing and the Internet is a must!
- Bachelor’s degree.
So Why Join Us?
- Our team consists of crazy-smart engineers, talented marketers and hungry go-getters.
- Our founder is a successful and accomplished entrepreneur, a Top 40 Under 40 in Seattle, an active angel investor, a TechStars mentor and all around brilliant guy (he’s nice too).
- Great office in downtown Bellevue.
- Free soda. Duh!
If you're up for the challenge you should join us. Please read our blog at: http://blog.classifiedads.com/.
Apply directly at: http://classifiedads.theresumator.com/apply/qmY0le/Senior-Search-Marketing-Manager.html?source=npost