Fleet Operations Analyst
at WideNet Consulting Group in Washington-Bellevue/Redmond
Fleet Operations Analyst
• 2 to 5 years of relevant experience in commercial motor vehicle fleet management, supply chain, transportation, logistics or similar roles
• Demonstrated understanding of commercial motor vehicle fleet management "best practices" and transportation management
• Knowledge of transportation regulations, including insurance and permit requirements, hazmat regulation, hours of service, maintenance, and other regulatory requirements
Excellent problem solving techniques and quantitative, analytical skills
A team player direct
Bachelor’s degree in Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Business or related field required
• Lean/Six Sigma certification preferred
Local candidates are encouraged to apply. Please contact Joe Rogel at 206 851 2400 or email resume to email@example.com please follow me on twitter: ITRecruiter101
• Willingness to take ownership and drive results
• Goal-oriented; driven to continuously improve
• A good listener and thoughtful communicator – straightforward, honest, and
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Ability to work collaboratively and to manage/achieve results through others using influence, logic and persuasion
• Ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization from executive levels to frontline field personnel
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office and an ERP database platform (e.g. SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft)
• Support implementation of the commercial motor vehicle private truck fleet plan and work with region logistics managers and branch managers to facilitate implementation and compliance.
• Work with region safety managers and branch operations management to improve overall private truck fleet compliance and safety performance to exceed DOT and other agency standards.
• Support department goals to improve private truck fleet operations through centrally led, locally executed methodology that supports the lowest total cost of ownership model.
• Support development, implementation and management of opportunities to improve utilization of the private truck fleet equipment.
• Support design and execution of operational and cost tracking metrics, databases, and tools to support strategic private truck fleet planning, utilization planning, and maintenance processes.
• Develop and improve work flow processes, best practices, detailed policy and/or procedural documentation related to the private truck fleet and equipment operational management
• Duties include regular private truck fleet reporting, maintenance and operational cost analysis, and allocation or assignments.
• Be responsible for maintaining detailed private truck fleet and equipment information, operational fleet profile and statistical reporting
• Manage roadside inspection compliance and reconciliation.
• Maintain understanding of market trends, regulatory issues, and cost factors that impact transportation management and recommend enhancements to current programs.
• Review capital equipment requisitions and ensure alignment with business needs.
• Maintain, enhance, and integrate tools, techniques, and metrics to improve processes for transportation management including total cost of ownership measurement.
• Manages a set of monthly or periodic private truck fleet reports for accuracy, reporting rigor, continuous improvement of existing and development of new dashboards for key performance measures.
• Establish continuous improvement processes to reduce overall private truck fleet operating costs and improve fleet performance
• Assist transportation team, branch operations and regional management in addressing logistics / transportation issues.