Localization PM (Renton, WA)
at WideNet Consulting Group in Washington-Seattle
Localization Project Manager
I’m looking for a strong Project manager with “Hit the ground running” skills, including knowledge to master the technical localization environment that includes SDL- World Server, SDL Trados, and SDLX CAT Tools.
This Localization PM will ensure delivery of steady workflow of translation projects in support of all digital WEB and product development, using company best practices..
You will be working in a fast-paced, creative environment ensuring project execution is on time and on budget, with impeccable quality standards.
Develop and maintain translation schedules and resource management plans for each project.
Assist the PMO organization in the creation of product specifications as they relate to translation.
Ensure the product is executed to those specifications.
Work with all WEB and digital PMs to assist in defining appropriate original source file formats and entering and tracking them into the SDL World Server environment.
You will works with external vendors, PMs and functional managers throughout the organization, including Brand, R&D and CAPS on all schedule, resource, and problem solving issues related to localization.
You will develop and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders and teams that engage in localization work efforts.
• Coordinate areas to define new product specification as assigned
• Drive LL project management through effective collaborate with functional managers
• Improve and optimize LL process
• Manage LL quality
• Maintain existing tools and identify new tools for localization and product management
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
• Prepare files to be translated in SDL- World Server & SDL Trados, SDLX, (or similar CAT tools), and prepare files to be delivered to internal “clients” after translation is completed.
• Manage the quality and proofing process for digital files in all languages.
• Maintain translation memories and terminology databases.
• Track and manage files and projects through the Localization process.
• Manage communication throughout the project with translators, proofreaders, technical editors, and internal teams, and assure that projects run as smoothly as possible.
• Ensure that localized database records are up-to-date and accurate.
• Schedule and manage testing of localized digital assets.
• Communicate scheduling needs to internal stakeholders, maintain Localization schedules, and update translation teams on scheduling requirements and concerns in a timely manner.
• Monitor Localization project deadlines and report on progress.
• Assist Localization Manager with projects and duties.
• Archive and manage source, translated, and final files.
• Manage the LL triage and quality change control process, (typically in SPIRA or similar tools).
• Contribute to the improvement of the localized product development process.
• Expert level skills with SDL- World Server & SDL Trados, SDLX, (or similar CAT tools).
• Expert level skills with SPIRA, GYRA, (or similar change management tools).
• 3+ years proven experience in project management, preferably in the field of translation or localization.
• 2+ years of experience working with FileMaker Pro or similar content database module.
• Sound knowledge of Adobe Tools, (including ADOBE InDesign).
• Experience with XML, HTML, and/or software localization is a HUGE plus
• Thorough and structured approach to planning and monitoring multiple projects.
• Proactive in solving problems and evaluating alternative solutions.
• Strong motivation skills, ability to communicate and resolve issues.
• Strongly customer-focused.
• Technically savvy. Comfortable with technology and quickly able to learn new software and technologies.
• Fluency in English and at least one other language as a minimum, preferably Japanese, Chinese, or Korean, but European languages will be considered as well.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• General knowledge of gaming industry
• International experience or experience living in another country is a definite plus.
• Experience working in a major scheduling tool required; knowledge of the @task platform preferred.
• Able to create detailed technical reports using MS Excel and MS Word.
• FileMaker Pro experience a plus.
Education and Training:
• Bachelors degree in a technical subject or equivalent work experience required
• Training on SDL- World Server & SDL Trados, SDLX, (or similar CAT tools).
• 5 years project management experience required
• Product development experience in a consumer products business preferred, with experience in the toy/game industry strongly preferred
• PMP certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Our ideal candidate is a motivated, enthusiastic team player with a positive, optimistic attitude. He or she has strong knowledge of project management methodology and is a highly organized person, able to effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks. The ideal candidate will be able to analyze problems, communicate that analysis, and lead people to turn analysis into action and deliver high quality solution that meet the customer requirements. The ideal candidate will also have the ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
Call Joe Rogel at WideNet Consulting 206 851 2400
Follow me on twitter: itrecruiter101